New to the rental industry or established, the Luxe team can meet your requirements because we listen first and provide a solution based around you.
If you are thinking of letting your property for the first time or wish to move your current portfolio across, this guide will lead you through and help you to understand the procedures the Luxe team follow. If you have a query about any of the following points our friendly and knowledgeable staff are happy to answer your questions.
If you require further information or advice please contact our office where our experienced staff will be pleased to help you.
We understand that your needs a landlord differ from person to person. This is why we offer an array of services which can be tailor-made to your individual property or the entire portfolio.
Let Only (Tenant Find)
- This service is often chosen by experienced Landlords or those who wish to be actively involved in the management and day to day running of their properties.
- We recommend that a good understanding of the Housing Act 1988 (amended 1994) is essential together with a thorough understanding of current safety and deposit regulations.
- All of this information is also available by the Luxe team. Get in touch to find out more.
Rent Collection (Tenant Find & Rent Collection)
Our facility here is chosen by Landlords who wish for us to look after the legal and rent collection aspects of the let, whilst they look after repairs and any other issues which may arise. The main features of this service are:
- Collecting the monthly rent ON TIME, which will then be sent to the Landlord directly every month during the occupied tenancy.
- Accounts verification via our accounts department. You will be sent a statement showing the transfer of funds.
- Advice upon rental increases and negotiation of contracts upon renewal.
The Luxe Full Management Service (Complete peace of mind)
Our fully managed service allows Landlords to ‘sit back and unwind’ safe in the knowledge that their property is being professionally looked after by an experienced and dedicated team. We deal with:
- The day to day maintenance issues that may arise throughout the tenancy.
- Maintenance issues, quotes, repairs, and refurbishments.
- Every three months a routine property inspection is carried out for our landlord’s peace of mind especially if you are an overseas Landlord.
Remember if you are an overseas landlord you need an NRL Number obtained from HMRC, call us if you need further information.
Preparing your home for rental
Optimising your asset will ensure the best result so it is beneficial to complete any odd jobs that are needed prior to marketing. Try to visualize your property through the eyes of a tenant, inside and out. Potential tenants will often walk past your home before arranged viewings therefore always try to create a good first impression. Reduce clutter, decorate neutrally and maximize light.
The Luxe team will assist you with a comprehensive assessment of your property aesthetics. This will be an achievable checklist ensuring maximum return on investment, decreased void periods and attracting the right type of tenant.
Maintaining your property throughout the Tenancy including tenant relationship management
We will carry out interim inspections of the property. The first inspection three months after the commencement of the tenancy, and we will notify the Landlord of any serious defect of the premises or contents, or which is duly notified by the tenant. Thereafter, inspections will be on a six monthly basis unless otherwise needed. Luxe Property and Financial Services will arrange emergency repairs when urgent action is required and for minor repairs to the property (payment to be derived from the rental income). We can arrange quotations from reputable local contractors where necessary and then proceed with the Landlord’s authorisation.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE (EPC)
It is important to make EPCs available to prospective tenants. The EPC and recommendation report must be made available, free of charge by the landlord, to all prospective tenants at the earliest opportunity and no later than written details concerning the building, provided in response to a request for:-
- Information from the prospective tenant, are received.
- A viewing of the rental property is conducted.
- Before entering into a contract to let the property
A number of regulations govern the letting of residential properties and all landlords must comply.
This legislation includes
- The safety of gas appliances and electrical equipment in addition to furniture and furnishings that are included in the tenancy.
- More details are available in the landlord pack we will provide you with.
Maintaining your property and tenants
Finding your buyers
On receipt of your signed Confirmation of Instruction Agreement, we will be ready to begin marketing your property. Luxe Property will tailor our service to meet your property’s needs. This will include:
- A property-specific marketing campaign, maximising exposure of your property and ensuring we achieve the best possible price on a timescale that suits you.
- Luxe Property will organise professional photographs of your property. From this, we can prepare property particulars and subject to your approval and receipt of an EPC, upload them to our website available to our substantial database of prospective purchasers.
- All properties will be listed on the leading property portals including Rightmove, Zoopla and On The Market
We have a marketing team who will also share your property across social media hence generating further inquiries directly to our office.
- We will generate all viewing request and liaise with you directly about dates and timings.
- All viewings will be accompanied by a member of the Luxe team.
- We will also provide comprehensive feedback upon each tenant having done all research about the prospective tenant before the viewing.
- This is part of our extensive vetting process and ensures the right kind of tenant is directed to your property with maximum chances of decreasing void periods.
When we receive an offer we will:
- Evaluate return on investment
- Tenant timescale
- Duration of tenancy
- Tenant background
- The timescale for both parties
- An unbiased review of the offer
- All confirmations are tracked and enforced in multiple formats ensuring the landlord is well covered
- Offers will be subject to satisfactory references and are not legally binding on you or the prospective tenant at this stage.
- When references are received and have been approved, we will move forward and ensure completion is carried out flawlessly:
- Arrange for the Tenancy Agreement to be drawn up and signed.
- This is a legally binding contract clearly defining the rent that is payable, duration of the tenancy, yours and your landlord’s rights and responsibilities and the scheme under which the damage deposit will be held.
- It is very important you read and fully understand the terms and conditions of this document.
- This agreement is to be signed by both parties prior to the commencement of the tenancy.
- All monies, including the six-week damage deposit and one months’ advance rent in cleared funds, are to be received by Luxe Property before we will release keys to the tenant.
We endeavor to make the process of achieving occupied tenancy as quick and as smooth as possible. Once an acceptable offer has been received and accepted by you the landlord, we will follow up the necessary references and report back to you with the results.
We have a dedicated inventory clerk who will complete an accurate list of your property’s contents and an assessment of its condition. This report will be forwarded to you for your records. On termination of the tenancy, this report will be used to ensure the contents and condition has been duly maintained, barring day-to-day wear and tear.